We are sure you are aware of the New Zealand Government's COVID-19 announcement 27th February 2021 that as of 6.00am this morning, Auckland is now at Alert Level 3, while the rest of the country is still at Alert Level 2 for the next seven days.
We have been here before but as always, our number one priority is supporting your business whilst keeping our people, your teams and the community safe.
I want to share a quick update on Toll's response, and how we are following the New Zealand Government's recommendations to protect our people, customers and the community
Steps Toll are taking
Toll recognise the trust customers place in them when they deliver to your home or workplace. They’re taking additional precautions for their team members who keep their network moving, including:
- Reminding teams about how to stay healthy, including practising frequent hand washing and physical distancing.
- Regularly cleaning workplaces, vehicles and delivery equipment such as scanners
- Encouraging team members to monitor their health and seek medical attention if they develop flu-like symptoms. Any team member who reports or displays flu-like symptoms will be asked to stay home.
- Supporting teams to follow travel advice and quarantine practices as directed by local authorities.
- Supporting office teams to work from home when available.
- Mandatory face masks throughout Alert Level 2 & Alert Level 3.
Proof of Delivery Process
Toll will be implementing contactless delivery while at Alert Level 2 and above. Toll will not require signatures for most of our deliveries to keep our team, customers and the community safe.
Please do not send parcels to Auckland business addresses that are closed for Level 3. If Alert Level 3 is extended, Toll may need to return the items to you (at your expense).
We are aware of massive delays on the Auckland borders, particularly the southern border. The police and Waka Kotahi have been working to make the checkpoint layouts work as well as they can for freight in particular but delays are expected for any orders Auckland and North. For orders South of Auckland, under level two delays should be minimal.
3sixty2 will continue to operate as usual to support your business.
As always, thank you for your patience and understanding. I hope you are keeping safe and well.