Everyone needs that go to roast vegetable salad, and here is mine. Serves four, but I usually double this and have left overs for lunch.
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 1 bunch baby carrots
- 1 bunch baby beetroot
- Loose bunch of thyme
- Olive oil (generous drizzle)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 packet of Wild Fennel Co - root vegetable mix (available in my store)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 handful of Italian parsley - loosely chopped
- Half block feta = crumbed
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 lemons juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 250C. Toss the first 6 ingredients together in a roasting pan, reduce temperature to 200 and roast vegetables until they are golden and caramelised ~ around 20 minutes.
2. While they roast, juice the lemons, put ingredients together in a jar and shake. Season with salt and pepper and rest.
3. Let the vegetables cool down and rest, add parsley and spinach, add dressing and toss to combine. Put onto a beautiful dish and garnish with the feta sprinkled over. Sometimes I bake the feta with the vegetables for t
3sixty2 Pinot Noir, Chardonnay or Sauvignon