This is dish is summer on a plate in our home - nothing beats a barbecue cray. We mix this recipe up each time so just use it as a guide and create your own culinary spin if you're feeling brave.
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- big bunch of parsley (sometimes we use fresh coriander instead)
- 1 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Zest of one lemon
- Pinch of quality salt and pepper
- Legal size crayfish - dive sustainably
1. Combine first five ingredients in a bowl, mix and set aside.
2. Heat the weber kettle premium, but any BBQ will work
3. Split cray down the middle and place flesh side down on the grill and claws on the hottest part of the grill until charred (don't over do it - 2/3 minutes). Flip over and spoon in the butter mixture and continue grilling until crayfish meat is tender - depending on size and heat of BBQ between 3-5 minutes.
3sixty2 Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay